Sunday, December 25, 2011

Adventureland -- where I live?! (Apr. 28, 2009)

Current mood: curious

I really should go see Adventureland. It was filmed partly in my neighborhood. Most of it was shot somewhere around Pittsburgh, with Kennywood, the area's largest amusement park, as the centerpiece. But a large amount of filming took place at a suburban house a short five-minute walk from where I hang my hat. I'm curious to see just how it all turned out.

Night and day, the film crews worked at this one house. The entire little development was closed off except to the natives. You could almost read a newspaper in my yard from the lights until well into the evening.

See for yourself! Proximity of my house to movie set. My house is in the lower left corner, the set in the upper right.

No comments: