Current mood: thankful
As of a couple of days ago, I now have 100 actual real people connected as friends on Facebook. Yay! Thank you, everyone. A glance at the count shows 106, but some of those are “Fan of…” entries, plus one duplicate entry. (This blog was originally posted on MySpace, where I have a friend count of 42, but there's a lot of overlap.)
Somewhere on FB an app exists that will run some statistics on your friend list. Mainly I avoid apps; in fact (sorry to tell several of you) I have most of these hidden (Mafia Wars, Farmville, etc.). I’m more interested in what my friends actually say and do! Still, it’s worth noting a few fun facts:
· With maybe about five exceptions, I know everyone in real life.
· Even those five I have not actually met, we’ve been in touch online a long time, and I’d say we know each other pretty well.
· Some I’ve known since first grade, others less than a year. Everything in between.
· Some I haven’t seen in 30 years, others I see at least weekly.
· My friends span the political spectrum, anarchist to neoconservative. Myself, I identify with all, to some extent. OK, maybe not so much neoconservative, but I do not categorize easily.
· Some friends live in mansions, some in cardboard boxes. I am not making this up.
· At least three continents are represented, five if you count company travel.
· All major religions are represented, plus several flavors of the absence of same.
· For being a Jesus-following Notachristianbutnotquiteanatheisteither, I’m amazed how many current and former men and women of the cloth are connected.
At least 2/3 of you have never met, but somehow, from somewhere, you all know me!
Again, thanks for being my friends!