Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bike-to-Work Day (May 19, 2008)

Friday was Bike-to-Work Day here in Pittsburgh. It was cold and rainy, but that wasn't enough to deter a few hardy souls, me included, from heading in.

Of course I cheated: I took the bus, which had a bike rack, so didn't have to ride 12 miles in a 45-degree downpour. By the time I got Downtown, it was only drizzling, so it wasn't too bad.

Bike Pittsburgh was giving out free coffee and breakfast in Market Square, so I headed over there after my early morning meeting. I hardly noticed the camera while I talked with the Bike-Pgh people and others who stopped by. A reporter talked to me, too, but mainly I was happy just to share stories about bikes, bike racks on buses, avoiding hills and bad intersections, and so forth.

But there I am, on a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette video [appears to be non-functional, Nov 9, 2011]. While they didn't talk to me on camera, I'm hard to miss in my blue helmet and orange safety vest. They even got a nice close-up of my bike at 1:22 in the video.

No comments: