Monday, July 11, 2011

123,457 (Dec. 18, 2007)

Current mood: disappointed

I knew it was coming. I missed it anyway.

Yesterday, my car's odometer read 123,456. I was behind the wheel, had two family members in the car, and had given everyone a heads-up a couple miles ahead. Yet we all missed it.

It happened on the way back from a trip to a local mall, itself a fairly rare thing, as I detest shopping at malls, especially at Christmas, especially at rush hour. That might have been part of it, actually. We got stuck in traffic behind an accident, and between all the flashing blue and red (police) and yellow (tow truck) lights, not to mention the brake lights of the car in front of me, the last thing on my mind was the odometer. By the time we were clear of the scene and I looked down, it read 123,457.

Oh well. I'm only about 2,500 miles from the point of having owned the car for 100,000 miles, so I guess that's the next psychological milestone.

No comments: